Originally posted by Archangel1:
In an anarchist environment, we're be in fast agreement. In a liberal, education-induced big government environment I can't quite agree with your tactics while agreeing with your principles on so many levels. Sadly we have built a constitutional federal government over the past 200 years that is an antithesis to liberty that our forefathers laid out.
It may seem far-fetched, but radical ideas have a way of catching on. The concept that natural law does not come from some monarch or from the Church, but from the Creator, seemed not just radical, but heretical and treasonous, until St. Thomas Aquinas put forth this very concept in his Summa Theologia. The Magna Carta, or Great Charter of English Common Law, changed the entire course of history. And the idea that a nation should be ruled not by a monarch but by the People? That could never happen!

To be sure, I don't see us becoming a free market anarchy by popular vote. I think a total economic collapse will precede it. But my ESP has never been especially good, so I wouldn't rule out anything. Perhaps it really will come about in stages, and a couple states legalizing marijuana is only the latest baby step towards our goal.

Can a nation exist with open borders? Why not? True, a certain percentage of the people coming here will be criminals, but that has always been the case. More than a few of our forefathers, mine included, got on the boat to America one step ahead of the law. An awful lot of people who trace their ancestry back to the Old Country get a pretty nasty shock. wink

In a previous post, you mentioned the Roman Empire and hinted that, perhaps, it was unchecked immigration that caused their downfall. I would argue that immigration and the influence of different cultures (including Christianity) actually strengthened the empire, but these were overcome by a corrupt bureaucracy, monetary collapse, and incompetent emperors. (The Visigoths would not have sacked Rome if Emperor Valens had fulfilled the promises he made to them.)

Onward and upward,
airforce