Originally posted by airforce:
Originally posted by Archangel1:
[b] The questions becomes 1) does the lower wages of these employees lower overall wages, 2) will the lower cost of labor be passed onto those in the community in lower prices and 3) will those in the community be able to afford those products if total wages are suppressed?
The Cato Institute already answered that question. "As Immigrants Move In, Americans Move Up."

I've pretty much resigned myself that I'm going to have to do a thread on the minimum wage. Topics on economics usually aren't too popular here, but maybe this one will be different.

I've not a fan of any government, and a one-world government is certainly not a part of my agenda. However, I once said that if I were elected Supreme Poo-Bah, I would offer statehood to any Mexican state or Canadian province that, by a 2/3 vote, agreed to ratify the Bill of Rights. It just seems like a bargain to me. Kick out the corrupt government officials, and use free market economics to put the vast natural resources in both countries to good use. I still think it's a great idea, but I sure haven't seen too many others agree with me on it.

Onward and upward,
airforce [/b]
In an anarchist environment, we're be in fast agreement. In a liberal, education-induced big government environment I can't quite agree with your tactics while agreeing with your principles on so many levels. Sadly we have built a constitutional federal government over the past 200 years that is an antithesis to liberty that our forefathers laid out.

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always Bad Men." Lord Actin 1887

I fear we live in evil times...