Originally posted by Archangel1:
1. Do you think that murders and pediophiles from other countries should be free to roam our country?
No. But then, I don't think murderers and pedophiles who were born here should be free to roam around, either. But that's really not what we're talking about.

2. Do you think that terrorists from other countries should be free to roam our country?
Be careful here. There are some who would classify us as terrorists. In any event, I haven't heard of a lot of Mexican terrorists coming here since the days of Pancho Villa. We've all heard rumors that Hezbollah operatives are in Mexico and Central America, but I've never heard of one crossing the southern border.

3. Why did the Roman Empire collapse?
I can think of quite a few reasons, including economic collapse the people in general being fed up with corrupt government officials. When a country weakens itself through economic policies and corruption, it becomes vulnerable to all kinds of rotten things. And you don't need to go all the way back to Roman times to find examples of that.

As to the various Hispanic street gangs, yes, they exist. Like the home-grown gangs, they are a product of the War on Drugs, but there is also an element of self-defense in there, too. Various criminals see illegal aliens as an easy mark, because for obvious reasons they hesitate to call the police when someone robs or defrauds them. (And, yes, police officers have been known to do this, too. Right here in Tulsa we recently arrested a police officer for robbing an "illegal alien" - who, in this case, was actually an undercover officer.)

If you want to end the problem of street gangs, end Prohibition. Stop arbitrarily classifying millions of peaceful people as "illegal." And, while you're at it, end the minimum wage. But two of those solutions are beyond the scope of this topic, and I'd really rather keep this focused.

As to the prison where half the inmates are illegal aliens, that's not surprising. Most states, to reduce prison violence, try to keep rival gangs separate, so that Bloods might be in one prison, Crips in another, and Hispanic gangs in still another. There is no shortage of prisons these days.

Onward and upward,
airforce