05/28/2010 11:35 PM
05/28/2010 11:35 PM
Kentucky
L
Libertas Eternus Offline OP
Libertas Eternus  Offline OP
L
Kentucky
This is a question that has been racking my brain lately.

With the very real prospect of a global economic collapse, and even global war, having the right equipment and resources could be the difference in life and death. With that in mind, as a man with a modest income and few resources, it is imperative that I make the most of what I have.

I have been reading the importance of purchasing gas masks and chem suits. In short, I live in an area where a nuclear or biological attack is highly unlikely, even should an all out global war occur. To purchase decent masks and suits for my family, I would wind up spending around 1-2k. This is money that could be spent on food, water, seeds, even ammunition for home defense.

Ideally, I would like to purchase everything and anything that I feel may help my family and myself, rather than including one item and excluding another, which is in effect a gamble; but we all have to make due with what we have. In my mind, and for my particular situation alone, I am currently seeing the purchasing of gas masks and chem suits as a lower priority, and somewhat impractical; again, for my situation in particular. I am interested to hear other opinions.

Any other suggestions for preparedness on a modest budget would also be more than welcome.

Re: Practicality: Preparedness on a budget #100666
05/29/2010 12:59 AM
05/29/2010 12:59 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Online content
ConSigCor  Online Content
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Concentrate on...

Sustainable water supply

Sustainable food supply

Ammunition

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861

Moderated by  airforce, ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.